Having Tummy Tuck Surgery?
Here’s How to Fast Track Your Recovery to Full Health
“Congratulations on your decision to have surgery. Here’s how we will help you.”
Get our Really Useful Guide on
Preparing for Tummy Tuck Surgery
What Is Tummy Tuck Surgery?
Tummy Tuck surgery or Abdominoplasty (the medical term) is a plastic surgery procedure that provides aesthetic and practical benefits. It flattens the abdomen by removal of excess skin and fat, and may include the tightening of the muscles in the abdominal wall. Tummy Tuck patients have usually achieved significant weight loss, or have given birth to one or more children, resulting in an excess of skin, and wish to restore a lean, toned midsection.
How Long Does it Take to Recover?
Surgeons advise that this is the average recovery pattern:
- pain: 3-4 days
- tightness and discomfort with difficulty moving: a few weeks
- pinching feeling in the tummy with pain on exercising: up to 3-4 months
- scars maturing and “dog ears” settling: up to a year or more
Whilst your surgeon will give you advice on exercise and medication for the pain, full recovery and ongoing health is your responsibility. It really is up to you.
How to Fast Track Your Recovery and Maintain Weight Loss Permanently
Your return to full health will depend on how you look after yourself during the recovery period. The right foods, exercise and medication are vital. So is your mindset.
The After Surgery Back to Health Program has been developed by a team of nutritionists, exercise and mindset experts to provide you with an easy step by step process to fast track your full recovery.
- Eat the right foods at the right times to accelerate healing. This is vital. Surgery puts a real strain on your body, and the foods that you eat can have a great impact on your recovery and on how quickly your wound heals. Eating the right food can prevent complications such as constipation and provide the necessary building blocks that your skin needs to heal quickly.
- Undertake the right kind of exercise into your daily routine so that you are not straining your incision and allowing it to heal. You need to know what physical activities you can and cannot do initially, and then gradually introduce activities that restore body mass and strength without causing injury.
- Take care of your mind and emotions because you will experience emotional highs and lows. Keeping your mind focused on recovery and not dwelling on pain and negative thoughts is essential and has a big impact on recovery.
This program is designed to get you up and going and get you feeling like “the best you” – as quickly as possible after surgery.
1. Your Complete Nutrition Program
The Right foods will accelerate healing. But you must have them at the right time. We give you a detailed eating plan, week by week. Once you have undergone a tummy tuck, it is very important to avoid dramatic weight fluctuation in the future.You’ll be able to use this plan for life – and never put weight on again.
- recommendations for breakfast lunch and dinner, day by day
- valuable advice on the healing properties of different food types
- nutritional value charts for every meal
- delicious recipes books you can print out and follow
2. Your Complete Exercise Program
Gentle exercise is vital for reducing the risk of developing harmful blood clots. However it is also very important that you do not do anything that could place strain on your incision. Our progressive exercise program provides the right exercises at every stage of the recovery process. When fully recovered, you can keep it going and use it as your guide to maintain fitness for life.
- a day by day exercise program you can print out and follow
- gentle exercises you can do in bed to keep the blood flowing
- easy exercises to increase mobility and regain muscle strength
- specifically tailored to minimise strain on your abdomen while you heal
- a progressive program which gradually increases as you get better and better
3. Your Complete Mindset Program
Why do you need a mindset program? Because there will be times when doubt and negative thoughts will creep in. This is common when you’re not feeling your best. This is when you are vulnerable to slipping back into old habits. Keep your mind on the job, and it will all be so much easier!
- relaxing meditations you can listen to online or download to your favourite player
- professionally recorded, relaxing and inspirational
- mindset mantras incorporated into some of the exercise sheets
Life is busy, so we’ve made this as simple as can be. No working out what to do when, what’s going to happen. We’ve laid it all out for you.
“The recipes are delicious. I’ve never returned to my old eating habits.”
Sashi Oldman, Kidman Park, SA
“The meditations were my favourite. I still listen to one every day”
Joy West, Northcote, VIC
“I used to hate exercise, but this was easy to do, and I quite enjoy it now. I’ve kept the weight off.”
Max Vella, Leichhardt, NSW
What you will receive
When you signup to the After Surgery Back to Health Program, you will receive:
- instant access to our Member’s Only area
- daily nutrition, exercise and mindset programs for the first two weeks
- weekly programs for the following two weeks
- meal plans with nutrition counts you can download and print out
- a beautifully illustrated comprehensive recipe book you can download and keep and print
- exercise plans to download and print out – and create your own lifetime program
- meditation audios you can download to your phone or player and keep forever
- access to our closed Facebook group where you can ask questions, meet fellow program members and share your journey
- full support from our team, whenever you need it
PLUS THESE GREAT BONUSES
“Preparing for Tummy Tuck Surgery” – your complete guide on what to expect, and what to take for your stay in hospital, along with a video from a tummy tuck patient who’s been through it.
“Your Complete Nutrition Plan” – our Nutritionist shares her expert knowledge on what to eat and what to avoid – and why. Once you understand what certain foods do to your body – the big light goes on!
“Your fabulous recipe book” – also prepared by our Nutritionist, this beautifully illustrated 57 page guide gives you step by step recipes for preparing scrumptious meals for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
If you follow this program, you will feel better, more vibrant, healthier and more alive faster than you thought possible.
You don’t want to ever go through the pain of
losing weight and surgery again, do you?
The After Surgery Back to Health Program will help ensure you never do.